Dr. Dybell obtained her B.A. degree at the University of St. Thomas (Houston, Texas), graduating Summa Cum Laude. She earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at Texas Tech University. Her training was completed during an internship in Clinical Child Psychology at the University of New Mexico Medical School. For over twenty years, Dr. Dybell has worked as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
While on the staff of the Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital, Dr. Dybell conducted assessments and psychological interventions for children with learning, behavioral, or developmental difficulties and their families.Dr. Dybell also coordinated a support and education program for parents of infants born prematurely.
At the present time, Dr. Dybell maintains a private practice in Houston. She actively supports many parent and education groups, particularly those for parents of children with developmental, learning, and attention difficulties, as well as special needs parents.
Dr. Dybell lectures widely on topics relating to mental health and education concerns of families and children. She has been a consultant to area television and radio stations as well as newspapers. Her work has been presented in various professional psychology journals, medical and psychological meetings, and magazines on parenting. In all of her work, her treasure trove of logical discipline, everyday learning opportunities, practical activities, and confidence-building methods is presented.
Dr. Dybell is licensed as a Psychologist in the States of Texas and Maryland.
- American Psychological Association
- Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Child Psychology
- Pediatric Psychology
- American Psychological Society (charter member)
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
- (Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology)
- Attention Deficit Disorders Association (ADDA), Southern Region, advisory board
- Houston Psychological Association
- International Dyslexia Association
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology (registrant)
- Texas Psychological Association
Awards and honors
- Who’s Who Among Human Service Professionals, 1992-1993
- Who’s Who in America, 2001 – present
- Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare, 1997 – present
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest, 1997 – 2000
- Who’s Who of American Women, 1991 – present
- Houston Branch of the International Dyslexia Association, Executive Board Member, 1998-2001
- Oral Examiner, Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, 1994 – present
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate, University of St. Thomas
- Outstanding Student in Psychology Award, University of St. Thomas
- Dean’s List, University of St. Thomas
- Psi Chi & Southwestern Psychological Association Certificate of Recognition
- Delta Epsilon Sigma, Beta Omega Chapter, University of St. Thomas